9.06.2010

Skyline Coney Island review

I saw an ad for Skyline Coney Island in the City Pulse so I thought I'd head over there and check it out.

The place has promise - it was very clean (including restrooms), the service was very attentive, and it seemed to be a family-operated business. The atmosphere was great - lots of windows on a busy street, so it was bright and kinda nice to watch the traffic stream by outside.

I had breakfast, so I didn't get a chance to sample a coney. I ordered eggs, pancakes, hashbrowns and sausage (I was hungry), and everything was very good and pleasantly non-greasy. I like how they offer both sausage links and patties. The coffee was strong and very good - not that watered down junk you tend to get at some similar joints.

The prices were very reasonable, if not downright cheap.

My only complaints were minor - one of my over-easy egg yolks was broken (no big deal in my book), and the pancakes were a little too fluffy for my taste (which is obviously a personal-preference thing). It'd be nice if they added pancakes as an a la carte option.

I'll definitely go back, and based on first impressions, I'll probably add this place to my list of favorite breakfast joints in Lansing.

No comments: